Lead Developer Ruby on Rails (m/f/div)
PAIR Finance is a Fintech company developing a revolutionary concept for managing debt collection. We combine multi-channel digital communication with proven data-driven behavioral research and AI to accelerate and personalise the collection process. We assess the situation of each debtor individually and tailor our approach accordingly, thereby achieving higher repayment rates without straining the customer relationship.
"Based in Berlin", supported by our investors Zalando, FinLeap and IONIQ, and honoured by Handelsblatt with the ‘Diamond Star’ award in the ‘Later Stage Fintech' category, PAIR Finance offers an excellent opportunity for deep-dive in the fintech industry.
- You lead a squad of software developers and you collaborate with the product team to fulfill requirements stated in the product roadmap
- You drive innovation from an IT-perspective and support further business development
- You design and challenge the software components architecture and take ownership to continuously improve it
- You build, develop and maintain core application and services
- You set up, maintain and improve deployment infrastructures, server environments and testing infrastructure
- You are dedicated and pay attention to the scalability, performance, availability and security of our systems
- You stay on top of current tech industry trends
- You have 5+ years of relevant work experience within the field of web development and software engineering, ideally on medium and large sized projects extending over a period of 6 months
- You have experience in leading squad teams of 2-4 developers and you have the ability to train and motivate your team to deliver great results
- You are able to develop a solid infrastructure and elegant code on both front- and backend
- You have excellent knowledge of backend and frontend development and technologies, particularly Ruby on Rails, CSS, Java Script, VUE; ideally you have good knowledge in backend infrastructure technologies like Linux, AWS, Continuous Integration/Delivery, Docker
- You are experienced with TDD and continuous integration processes (CI/CD)
- You have a focused approach on automated testing and quality assurance, experience in building accounting and banking software would be a plus
- You are experienced in working in an agile environment (e.g. Scrum, Kanban) and you are willing to learn and further develop your own skills
- You are comfortable with working and communicating in a dynamic, international start-up environment
- Your communication skills are very good and you have a high proficiency in English
What do we offer:
- You will have the opportunity to participate in one of the most innovative Fintech start-ups in Europe and to further develop the company, as well as to permanently change the debt collection market
- You will be able to make your own desicions and take responsibilities for your team and the results
We will double our size within the next two years, which provides you with a great growth opportunity You have the opportunity to grow together with us in the challenges of a revolutionary concept in a very traditional industry
- You will work with professionals and successful entrepreneurs and you will be part of a strong international team that combines success and fun in a young and dynamic environment - you will be part of the "Pair Finance family"
- You will be part of one of Europe's fastest growing FinTechs communities: PAIR Finance is part of the finleap ecosystem, which already founded over 15 internationally successful companies
- You will be able to connect with Berlin via the innovative and technology-driven start-up scene
We are looking forward to your application!