Head of Data Science / Machine Learning (m/f/div)
PAIR Finance is a Fintech company developing a revolutionary concept for managing debt collection. We combine multi-channel digital communication with proven data-driven behavioral research and AI to accelerate and personalise the collection process. We assess the situation of each debtor individually and tailor our approach accordingly, thereby achieving higher repayment rates without straining the customer relationship.
"Based in Berlin", supported by our investors Zalando, FinLeap and IONIQ, and honoured by Handelsblatt with the ‘Diamond Star’ award in the ‘Later Stage Fintech' category, PAIR Finance offers an excellent opportunity for deep-dive in the fintech industry.
- In close collaboration with the Management team you are responsible to develop and implement a vision for PAIR Finance's data science
- You are responsible for the strategic and operational leadership of Data Science, including technical and disciplinary leadership and development of a dedicated, growing team
- You collaborate on an iterative design process from a basic prototype to the first production version and act as technical lead for data scientists and as a go-to-person in data sience topics in the organisation (Product, Marketing, Commercial)
- You recognize and develop meaningful data models using Python, R or SAS and Data Mining & Machine Learning Methods
- You concept and implement analytical models in technical systems and simulate model applications
- You find creative designs of the visualization of large amounts of data and complex data sets
- You experiment with new technologies, methods and best practices to acquire new skills to grow the technical infrastructure necessary to scale data science and to find clever solutions to the unique challenges we will encounter along the way
- You have 6+ years non-academic experience as a Data Scientist / Data Analyst and in Machine Learning and at least 2+ years experience in managing a team
- You have a strategic mindset with a proven track record of translating business vision into outputs for a data science team
- With your proactive approach, your drive towards clarity and your holistical thinking you are an equal partner in further evolving the product
- You have a strong theoretical background in probability theory, applied statistics (ideally experienced in cluster analysis), machine learning and reinforcement learning (including parametric and non-parametric models, Bayesian statistics, kernel models, decision trees and forests, artificial neural networks, statistical interpretation of machine learning models, etc)
- You are very experienced with Python and numerical processing libraries (such as NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Matplotlib)
- You are an expert with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- You already worked with agile development practices such as TDD/BDD, continuous integration, refactoring and so on
- You have successfully built and deployed in the production environment machine learning and/or reinforcement learning models based on artificial neural networks and/or random forests
- You have an exceptional ability to model financial and behavioural data mathematically as well as statistically, you have a profound understanding of underlying algorithms and you are experienced in conceiving, developing and maintaining complex Machine Learning Systems
- You can provide leadership on machine learning and you possess a strong track record of hiring, retaining and developing exceptional talent
- You possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and love to work and communicate in a fast paced international environment
- Your communication skills are very good, high proficiency in English and ideally in German
What do we offer:
- You will have the opportunity to participate in one of the most innovative Fintech start-ups in Europe and to further develop the company, as well as to permanently change the debt collection market
- You will be able to make your own desicions and take responsibilities for your team and the results
- We will double our size within the next two years, which provides you with a great growth opportunity You have the opportunity to grow together with us in the challenges of a revolutionary concept in a very traditional industry
- You will work with professionals and successful entrepreneurs and you will be part of a strong international team that combines success and fun in a young and dynamic environment - you will be part of the "Pair Finance family"
- You will be part of one of Europe's fastest growing FinTechs communities: PAIR Finance is part of the finleap ecosystem, which already founded over 15 internationally successful companies
- You will be able to connect with Berlin via the innovative and technology-driven start-up scene
We are looking forward to your application!